EuroMed Rights is a forum and a pool of expertise for human rights non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and activists in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
The organisation encourages networking and fosters cooperation and development of partnerships between its members, and devises capacity building in advocacy and communication.
EuroMed Rights builds its members’ capacities in order to:
- Better understand local contexts, European mechanisms and human rights instruments;
- Influence governmental and inter-governmental stakeholders more effectively by participating in regional policy processes and debates;
- Contribute further to the reform process in the South of the Mediterranean by strengthening and providing input into the democratisation processes;
- Increase members’ outreach in conveying human rights values and principles, including in the media and on social media platforms.
EuroMed Rights provides members with:
- International/regional support to their work within EuroMed Rights’ key areas;
- Facilitated access to human rights NGOs in 30 countries on both sides of the Mediterranean;
- A broader platform to promote their work to regional and international audiences;
- Training sessions and opportunities to build their capacities;
- Increased protection when members or their work are at risk.