EuroMed Rights acts as a regional forum and a pool of expertise for human rights NGOs and activists in the region. The organisation promotes capacity building, networking, cooperation and development of partnerships between its members in the region.
EuroMed Rights brings its members together in inter-cultural settings and build their capacities to:
- Understand local contexts and stakeholders;
- Understand European mechanisms and human rights instruments, such as the EU Association Agreements and the European Neighbourhood Policy;
- Contribute to reform process by strengthening and providing input to the democratisation processes in the Arab world;
- Increase their outreach in conveying human rights values and principles;
- Better grasp thematic and country issues in the fields of justice, human rights education, gender equality, migration, freedom of association, economic and social rights.
In general, EuroMed Rights offers its members:
- Access to human rights NGOs in thirty countries and a forum for coordination and cooperation;
- Access to governmental and inter-governmental institutions and policy processes;
- The possibility to influence regional policies and debates;
- Increased protection where members or their work are at risk
- International/regional support to their work within EuroMed Rights fields of priorities;
- Capacity building activities within EuroMed Rights fields of priority;
- Dissemination of their work to a broad regional audience.