Being a EuroMed Rights member means being part of a regional human rights forum that is a major source of knowledge and action on human rights and democratic reform in the Euro-Mediterranean region. It also means that your organisation supports the Network and its activities. It furthermore gives your organisation the opportunity to participate in the General Assembly meetings and receive invitations for activities organised by the EMHRN.
Membership applications that we receive undergo an initial review by the Executive Committee of EuroMed Rights (EC). The EC recommends new members to the EuroMed Rights General Assembly that alone retains the prerogative to accept a new member.
Individuals who have provided outstanding contribution and sat in the political bodies of EuroMed Rights (namely the EC) are granted formal recognition as honorary members.
If your organisation wishes to apply for membership, you should provide Rasmus Alenius Boserup from the EuroMed Rights Secretariat with the following documents:
Regular or Associate Membership:
- A letter of motivation
- A copy of your organisation’s Statutes;
- A declaration stating that your organisation accepts and complies with EuroMed RightsStatutes ;
- A letter of recommendation signed by at least two Regular members of EuroMed Rights
- Material related to the activities of your organisation, including how you work to promote gender equality within your organisation and its activities.
For more information, please refer to our statutes.
We recommend that you also send us the following documents to give our Executive Committee a complete picture of your organisation and its activities, including:
- Narrative Report of main fields of activities over the past two years (max. 2 pages)
- List of members of board (including when they were elected)
- List of publications (past 2 years)
- List of meetings/ seminars/ conferences/ events (past 2 years)
- Latest Annual activity Report (if available, if not please indicate why)
- Latest Financial Report (if available, if not please indicate why)
- Gender equality policy or strategy (if available)
For more information please contact Rasmus Alenius Boserup.