ALEF seeks to strengthen the respect and fulfillment of human rights as a cornerstone of social, economic, and political development. By embracing a comprehensive approach to monitor, defend, and educate on human rights, ALEF aims to complement and gear all efforts towards the achievement of an influential human rights constituency, and the realization of a durable peace.
- Human rights–friendly policies and practices adopted at the national and regional levels.
- Effective accountability frameworks are set for perpetrators of human rights violations.
- Human rights values are part of popular paradigms applicable to situations of everyday life.
- Conditionality between inclusive governance, durable peace and human rights is demonstrated.
- Ownership of human rights values among youth, children, and their communities is strengthened.