PCATI’s mandate includes the prevention and eradication of all forms of torture and CIDT in Israel and the protection of human rights in general. Means to accomplish this include legal advocacy, fieldwork within the OPTs, legislative advocacy,police brutality, public outreach, international civil society cooperation/coalition work and international advocacy.
- Occupied Palestinian Territories
Fields of Work
- Prevention of torture and ill treatment.
- Police Brutality
- Fieldwork network: PCATI maintains a network of fieldworkers in the OPT.
- Legal Advocacy: PCATI files letters of complaint to the authorities, urgent petitions to the High Court of Justice (HCJ) and Petitions of Principle to the HCJ.
- Legislative advocacy: PCATI is in contact with policy makers and shapers of opinion in order to impact this process.
- Public Outreach: Providing information to the public and engaging in public discourse is critical for creating societal change.
Tel : +972 2 642 9825
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.stoptorture.org.il
Contact Person : Rachel Stroumsa, Executive Director
Member Since : 1 Jan 2001