Objectives and outputs of the work
The aim of this consultancy is to deliver two online trainings in order to build the capacities of the Women’s Rights and Gender Justice Working Group (WRGJ WG) members on Communication and Campaigning in the digital age and Digital safety.
It is a call for one or more consultant(s) to deliver two independent but interrelated trainings – hereafter referred to as ‘Outputs’ – for members of the WRGJ WG. For each applicant, it remains within their discretion whether to apply to deliver one or two of the Outputs, depending on the expertise which they feel can be offered. The two trainings will take place online, and can be conducted in French or English (depending on the language preferences of the consultant(s) – there is no need for a uniformity of language across the two sessions as bi-lingual interpretation can be provided).
Outputs of the consultancy·ies
The target audience of these trainings will be the WRGJ WG members. Around 15-20 participants are expected. The consultant(s) will receive all the relevant information to understand the nature of the WRGJ work and to adapt the trainings to the needs of the participants. The Communication Coordinator and the Women’s Rights and Gender Justice Coordinator will remain available to answer any questions the consultant/agency might have during the process. The use of creative methodology (using a mix of online tools and platforms) is expected.
The consultant(s) will deliver two concrete products:
Output 1: Communication and Campaigning in the Digital age
Aim of the training: to learn how to develop a creative communication and campaign to achieve the planned goals, by maximising the use of digital communication tools.
This training must contain at least:
- Understanding of the different social media and reinforcing the importance of the digital space as a tool of activism.
- How to develop a digital campaign plan, how to frame the message adapted to the audience.
- Development of the rights products for the targeted audience.
- How to measure progress and impact.
Duration: 1 full day (to be split into 2 half days).
Output 2: Digital safety for activists
Aim of the training: to equip participants with the knowledge of the risks inherent to online communication whilst providing practical advice on how they can protect themselves from experiencing online violence.
This training must contain at least:
- Understanding technology facilitated gender-based violence.
- Analysing and identifying security risks of interacting in the online space.
- How to protect yourself and your organisation in the online world.
- Developing a security plan for the campaign.
Duration: 1 half day.
For each Output, EuroMed Rights requests that all supporting documents (slides, PPT presentations etc.) and a short document compiling a concise set of guidelines/take-aways which can be shared on EuroMed Rights’ website are provided within an agreed-upon timeframe after the delivery of said Ouput (e.g. within a deadline of 2 weeks).
Process and timeline
Trainings will be delivered in the period from January to March 2024.
The consultanc/y/ies shall be conducted according to the following anticipated timeline:
- Deadline for applications: 1 November 2023
- Response and consultation with EuroMed Rights: week of 6-10 November 2023.
- Negotiation of terms with consultant(s): week of 13-17 November 2023.
- Commencement of initial contract (including preparation time): 20th November 2023.
- Delivery of 1st Output: between 15- 26 January 2024
- Delivery of 2nd Output: between 4 -15 March 2024
- Finalisation of payments for final contract (as and before as applicable): 31 March 2024
Please note: Signature of all contracts will take place in 2023.
Each contract will be concluded and paid in full within a two-week deadline of the delivery of all training materials (as aforementioned). The final contract will therefore be signed off on in April 2024, any previous contracts will be concluded within due time after their completion.
Required expertise, languages and portfolio
- Proven experience in these fields: Communication, Online campaigning for social change, Digital Safety. Experience on gender and technology facilitated gender-based violence is an asset.
- Experience in developing and implementing online trainings (mastery of platforms, methodologies adapted to online trainings, etc).
- Experience of working and collaborating with non-profit organisations at the international level will be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French. Arabic is a plus.
Qualified and interested candidates are hereby requested to apply before November 1st 2023.
Each candidate is kindly asked to submit their application, referencing which and how many Output(s) they wish to contribute to. Concretely, in the opening line of your application, please specify “Output 1 and/or Output 2” as applicable.
The application should contain the following:
- A brief description of why the individual/agency considers themself the most suitable for the assignment; kindly specify on the basis of the outputs intended (1 page max).
- An explanation about the methodology to be used in the trainings and how they will approach and complete the assignment based on the proposed calendar. The candidate is welcome to suggest revisions to the proposed calendar.
- A curriculum vitae, indicating education background/professional qualifications, all past experience, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number).
- A budget with all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, including VAT, on the basis of a proposal of 1 and/or 2 Outputs envisaged. This must include: the number of projected workdays of preparation, time to deliver the Outcomes, follow-up with materials etc.
Please send your candidature to EuroMed Rights’ Thematic Support officer Officer, Laura Clough, at [email protected].
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in collaborating with EuroMed Rights, but unfortunately only those persons selected for interview will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding.
EuroMed Rights will break down payments in two/three parts based on the amount agreed with the consultant.