Executive Committee meeting minutes – Athens June 2016
Read in: French
EuroMed Rights’ Executive Committee met on 24-26 June 2016 in Athens, Greece. In the margin of the EC meeting, i.e. on 23 and 24 June 2016, meetings were held with Yannis Boutselis, Chrysi Hatzi, and Lampros Mpaltsiotis, the Department of Human Rights at the Ombudman’s office; Evangelos Kalpadakis, the Diplomatic Office of the Prime Minister; Konstantis Kambourakis, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; and Theano Fotiou, the Ministry of Labor, Social Security and Social Solidarity. During these meetings the EC members discussed the current situation in Greece with focus on migration and asylum as well as economic and social rights. On 24 June 2016, the Executive Committee also invited the Network’s members and partners for a discussion on the situation in Greece.
Executive Committee (EC) of EuroMed Rights:
Michel Tubiana (President), Moataz El Fegiery (Treasurer), Søs Nissen, Raffaella Bolini, Anitta Kynsilehto, Osman İşçi, Wadih Al-Asmar, Messaoud Romdhani, Catherine Teule, and Isaías Barreñada (EC members).
Marc Schade-Poulsen (Executive Director), Marit Flø Jørgensen (Programme Director), and Maibritt Nielsen (Senior Executive Secretary, rapporteur).
Absent with notification:
Nabia Haddouche (Vice president) and Hamdi Shaqqura (EC member).
Eugenia Papamakariou, EEDDA; Theocharis Papamargaris Honorary member; Maria Jaidopulu Vrijea, Nikos Poulantzas Foundation, and Eva Giannakaki, Hellenic League for Human Rights (on 24 June, session 2).
- Welcome, Approval of the agenda and approval of the minutes from the last EC meeting on 5-7 February 2016
- Meeting civil society: discussion about the current situation in Greece (economic, social, migration and refugees)
- Discussion on the situation in the region
- Report from the Secretariat
- Financial Report from the Secretariat, including update on Fundraising and approval of the Audit report 2015
- Gender: follow-up to the Gender Working Group meeting/ Gender mainstreaming in the Network
- Shrinking spaces: follow-up to the seminar and Working Group meeting
- Follow-up to the EC’s internal communication
- Migration: follow-up to the Migration Working Group meeting
- Membership issues