- To expose and document torture on a health professional basis.
- To develop clinical diagnoses and treatment methods of torture survivors on the basis of systematic examination of the torture survivors and research into torture and organised violence.
- To apply the experiences thus achieved in the education and advocacy in order to contribute to the global effort to abolish torture.
- The rehabilitation department in the RCT treats torture survivors living in Denmark.
- The international department supports NGOs in Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Fields of Work
- Human Rights Education
- Arab Reform
- Freedom from Torture
- Carrying out project work in the South in co-operation with centres and programmes aiming at treating and rehabilitating torture survivors and preventing torture
- Conducting education and advocacy in order to promote knowledge of the reasons for torture, conventions and laws, treatment methods and prevention of torture
- Running a centre that undertakes clinical research and method development in order to provide knowledge on torture and the form and extent of the after-effects of torture as well as treats and rehabilitates persons who have been subjected to torture
2100 Copenhagen Ø
Tel : +45 33 76 06 00
Fax : +45 33 76 05 10
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://dignityinstitute.dk/
Contact Person : Ms Søs Nissen, Programme Manager
Member Since : 1 Jan 2006