- Position: Program coordinator, Thematic Program
- Duration: 1 year fixed term contract with possible extension
- Starting: As soon as possible
- Location: Tunis, Tunisia or Beirut, Lebanon or Rabat, Morocco
- Reports to: Head of Thematic Programmes
- Application deadline: 18 October, 2023 eob
- Work permit: Position open to applicants with a valid work permit in Lebanon, Tunisia or Morocco.
EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Thematic Program Coordinator with specific expertise on women’s rights, LGBTQIA+ and gender equality to be part of its dynamic thematic team. This person will report to the Head of Thematic Programmes, and be part of the Program Department.
Essential position functions:
- Contributing to the Thematic Program Team: Coordinates the development, implementation and evaluation of thematic strategies, supporting colleagues when needed – with a special focus on the women’s rights and gender justice programme – including on fundraising;
- Monitoring, research and information sharing: Monitors and documents the situation of women’s rights and gender justice in the Euro-Mediterranean region, including EU policies, in cooperation with the other units/departments (Middle East, North Africa, Dialogue, Communication and Advocacy); initiates, drafts and coordinates reports on relevant topics pertaining to women’s and LGBTQIA+ rights, and shares relevant information with EuroMed Rights members and feminist organisations.
- Networking and alliance building: Establishes new and maintains existing contacts with non-governmental and international organisations on issues pertaining to women’s rights and gender justice;
- Facilitating cooperation and synergies: Maintains regular contact with EuroMed Rights members and feminist and LGBTQIA+ organisations in the region, especially by facilitating the thematic working group on women’s rights and gender justice, ensuring coordination and synergies with national women’s rights working groups and other programs on cross-cutting issues;
- Advocacy and communication: Engages in advocacy and communication actions on women’s rights and gender justice, e.g. external representation, events, awareness-raising campaigns, articles on key issues pertaining to women’s rights, LGBTQIA+ rights in the region – in coordination with and supported by the Advocacy and Communication department.
Profile, Skills and Background
- A University degree in gender studies, political/social science, law, or a related field. Other similar qualifications may also be considered;
- Minimum five years of proven experience in the promotion and protection of women’s rights, LGBTQIA+ and/or in civil society activism in the Euro-Mediterranean region;
- Sound knowledge of the NGO sector, preferably at international level, and understanding of political and human rights issues in the Mediterranean region;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to be clear and concise in written and oral communications;
- Team player, open-minded, self-motivated, and well-organised; ability to prioritise and work independently and efficiently under pressure;
- Languages: fluency in English and French (oral and written) is imperative. Knowledge of Arabic will be considered an asset;
- Computer literacy, including online solutions for creative meetings and trainings.
How to Apply
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send – by 18 October, 2023- at: [email protected]:
- Your CV;
- A document (max. 1 page, in English) in which you respond to the following:
- What do you think you can bring to EuroMed Rights?
- Describe a recent experience in which you have played a key role, indicating the relevance for this position.
- What practical steps would you follow if you had to organise a three-day meeting with 30 organisations, including an external event on backlashes to gender equality in Morocco?
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.