Job title: Individual Consultant
Category: Strategic communication
Duty station: TBD
Type of contract: Individual contract
Expected starting date: Immediately
Deadline: 31st May
EuroMed Rights is a non-governmental organisation aiming to promote cooperation and dialogue in and between countries on both sides of the Mediterranean Sea. It is a network representing 80 human rights organisations, institutions and defenders in 30 countries. It was founded in 1997, following the 1995 Barcelona Declaration, by civil society organisations dedicated to promoting human rights and democracy within the framework of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership.
EuroMed Rights’ mission is to promote and strengthen human rights and democratic reforms at regional and national levels. By creating network opportunities and encouraging civil society cooperation, EuroMed Rights aims to develop and strengthen the partnerships between NGOs located within the Euro-Mediterranean area, to spread and promote human rights values and to increase members’ capacities to reach these objectives.
The main asset and value of the network resides in its regional character as well as its capacity to gather human rights defenders from the whole Euro-Mediterranean region. Whether they are located in the North or South of the Mediterranean, our members collaborate regularly and on an equal footing.
As a regional human rights network, EuroMed Rights is a major source of knowledge and concrete initiatives regarding human rights and democratic reforms in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
The Secretariat of the Network plays the role of an informational hub connecting member organisations to strategic institutional, governmental and media audiences in the Euro-Mediterranean region. The Secretariat complements this exchange of information with analysis and opinions offering a broader, regional perspective on the human rights situation in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
More info at: www.euromedrights.org
OBJECTIVES AND OUTPUTS OF THE WORK
The main reason behind the proposed assignment is to conduct an analysis of EuroMed Rights’ corporate identity, key missions and added value. The assessment issued from this analysis will serve as a basis for fine-tuning a communication strategy for the Network.
The consultancy work will therefore aim to:
- Analyse EuroMed Rights’ corporate identity, key missions across all its thematic and country programmes and offices, from a communication perspective (who we are),
- Identify the added value and specificities of EuroMed Rights, communication-wise, in the international NGO sector (what makes us different/unique),
- Review and fine-tune EuroMed Rights’ communication strategy (how to communicate effectively).
Outputs of the consultancy
Based on this work, the consultant will produce two documents:
- Output 1: An analysis of EuroMed Rights’ corporate identity, key missions, and the added value(s) of the Network (aforementioned aims 1 and 2)
- Output 2: A revised communication strategy, based on existing documents, aimed at increasing EuroMed Rights’ influence and presence among key audiences.
All documents must be written in English.
DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND DUTY STATION
The consultancy shall be conducted in four steps to be started as soon as possible.
- Step 1: Introductory online or offline meetings with EuroMed Rights management team, Communication team coordinator, and President
- Step 2: Analysis, including selected interviews (internal / external)
- Step 3: Drafting of communication strategy (with Communication team)
- Step 4: Finalisation of documents based on feedback received
For the conduct of this evaluation, the consultant will be in contact with the management team, the Communication team coordinator as well as the President of EuroMed Rights. Remote meetings should be preferred as far as possible. Depending on the location of the consultant, a desk can be reserved for the consultant at the Brussels and/or Copenhagen office.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERTISE
- At least 7 years of professional experience in corporate identity and strategic communications, including conducting organisational analysis in these fields,
- Experience of working and collaborating with not-for-profit organisations at the international level,
- Demonstrated ability to undertake analytical and report drafting work,
- Sound knowledge of the media landscape in Europe and the MENA region,
- Knowledge of the MENA region and its political challenges would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English,
- Working knowledge of French and Arabic will be a clear asset.
- Postgraduate or other advanced university degree (at least M. Sc. or equivalent) in the area of organisational management, strategic communications, corporate identity, strategic communications, social sciences or any other relevant domain.
Qualified and interested candidates are hereby requested to apply individually before May 31st. The application should contain the following:
- A brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment, a clear methodology and detailed calendar, on how they will approach and complete the assignment,
- Personal curriculum vitae, indicating education background/professional qualifications, all past experience, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- A budget with all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided.
Questions and candidacies can be sent to: email@example.com
The Consultant will receive a total amount of 5,000 € for the drafting of two aforementioned documents (outputs 1 &2), which will be paid as follows:
- 2,500 € will be transferred to the Consultant at the latest one week after the signature of this agreement.
- The remaining 2,500 € will be paid at the latest two weeks after approval of the final version of two documents (outputs 1 &2) by EuroMed Rights.
- Each instalment will be paid on the basis of a Debit Note submitted by the Consultant.