Deadline : 25 Oct 2019
Position: Director of Finance and Administration
Duration: One-year contract with possibility of extension
Starting: As soon as possible
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark. The Copenhagen office where you will be based, is located in the city center next door to the upcoming metro station, Rådhuspladsen and the main railway station.
Remuneration: According to EuroMed Rights’ salary scale, based on years of experience
Pre-requisite: Valid EU working permit
An attractive permanent position with influence and a broad range of responsibilities in an international NGO. Competent and dedicated colleagues at offices in Copenhagen, Brussels and Tunis.
Tasks and assignments
As our new Director of Finance and Administration, you will play an important role in renewing and developing the efficiency of our internal budget and project cycle. You will also play a key role in securing EuroMed Rights’ financial sustainability, our compliance and accountability towards donors, and our overall administration.
As a member of the management group, you will advise on financial matters and you will represent the organisation upon delegation of the Executive Director. You will have the management role for 2 project controllers and 1 accountant in Copenhagen, 1 accountant in Tunis, and 1 accountant in Brussels.
- Developing and setting up a new dynamic budget and monitoring system for financial management
- Advising and supporting the Executive Director, the Executive Committee and staff on financial related matters
- Monitoring and maintaining project and office budgets and liquidity forecast.
- Preparing, monitoring, and amending budgets for (co-)funding/multicurrency grant applications in collaboration with the fundraising and contract staff.
- Preparing audit material for donor- and grant projects in conjunction with the compilation of annual financial statement and in compliance with the financial deadlines and requirements of EuroMed Rights and its donors.
- Holding the overall responsibility for administration, contracts, proper bookkeeping, payment of wages, and financial reporting of all EuroMed Rights offices. Setting up and monitoring accounting and bookkeeping procedures and rules for the proper implementation of projects in accordance with donors´ requirements.
Profile, skills and background
You are self-driven, decisive and have a proactive and innovative mind-set. You have experience in supervising/coordinating staff, and an ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- have a relevant education and at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- are an experienced user of Excel – including pivot tables and/or Power BI tools
- are proficient in oral and written English. French is considered an asset
- can understand complex financial situations; can define relevant financial structures and systems; and are capable of implementing such systems and structures
- have excellent managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills as well as facilitation and technical skills
- knowledge of Navision (including the project module) is an advantage
- knowledge of the NGO sector (preferably at international level) is an asset
How to apply
Please open the “Søg stilling” link and thereby upload your application and CV.
For any inquiries, please contact Senior Recruitment Consultant Anne Nyvang at Hartmanns by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +45 41 21 13 27. As Hartmanns A/S is responsible for the full recruitment process, all inquiries should be directed to this contact. Hartmanns interviews candidates on an ongoing basis.
About EuroMed Rights
EuroMed Rights is a network of almost 80 civil society organizations working to promote human rights and democracy in the Middle East, North Africa and Europe. The network was founded in 1997 and is composed of organisations, institutions and individuals from over 30 countries. EuroMed Rights’ organisational structure includes a General Assembly, an Executive Committee, and a Secretariat which implements and supports the network’s activities, projects and programs. EuroMed Rights works primarily by strengthening partnerships between civil society organization across the Mediterranean, and by conducting fact-finding missions, advocacy, and campaigning around themes and cases with specific relevance for the human rights situations and democracy promotion in the Euro-Mediterranean region. EuroMed Rights’ main office is located in Copenhagen. The organisation also has offices in Brussels and Tunis and satellite initiatives in other parts of the Mediterranean region. For further information, visit our website at www.euromedrights.org.
EuroMed Rights aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.