Deadline : 31 Oct 2018
Duration: 6 months (full time)
Starting: November 2018
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Remuneration: CIP – Internship Convention 751€/ month + public transport + lunch vouchers
Pre-requisite: Valid EU working permit
Application deadline: Wednesday 31 October 2018, midnight
EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic intern to assist the Communication team in its work. The internship will start in November 2018 for a period of 6 months.
Description of tasks
The intern will assist the Communication team under the overall supervision of, and according to priorities set by the Communication Director, including the following tasks:
- Support the Communication team with the practical and logistical organisation of activities, including translations, etc.;
- Participate in meetings, take notes and prepare press reviews;
- Maintain and update the media database, the website and the social media accounts.
- Media Monitoring (especially Arabic news sources)
Profile, Skills and Background
- University Degree (may be ongoing) in Communication, Journalism, European Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered;
- Keen interest and preferably proven work experience in Communication;
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written) is imperative. Knowledge of French will be an asset;
- Computer literacy (Office especially);
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to details;
- Self-motivated, proactive, well-organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure.
How to Apply
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) by 31 October 2018 (midnight) to Marie Picalausa, Senior Human Resource Officer, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.