Deadline : 14 Jan 2018
Communication Internship (Arabic speaker) – EuroMed Rights, Brussels office
Duration: 6 months (full time)
Starting: February 2018
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Remuneration: CIP – Internship Convention 751€/ month + public transport + lunch vouchers
Pre-requisite: Valid EU working permit
Application deadline: Sunday 14 January 2018, midnight
EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic intern to assist the Communication team in its work. The internship will start in February 2018 for a period of 6 months.
Description of tasks
The intern will assist the Communication team under the overall supervision of, and according to priorities set by the Communication Director, including the following tasks:
- Support the Communication team with the practical and logistical organisation of activities, including translations, etc.;
- Participate in meetings, take notes and prepare press reviews;
- Maintain and update the media database, the website and the social media accounts.
- Media Monitoring (especially Arabic news sources)
Profile, Skills and Background
- University Degree (may be ongoing) in Communication, Journalism, European Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered;
- Keen interest and preferably proven work experience in Communication;
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written) is imperative. Knowledge of French will be an asset;
- Computer literacy (Office especially);
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to details;
- Self-motivated, proactive, well-organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure.
How to Apply
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) by January 14, 2018, midnight to Marie Picalausa, Administrative, Financial & Human Resource Officer, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About EuroMed Rights
EuroMed Rights was founded in January 1997 in response to the Barcelona Declaration of November 1995 and the establishment of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (EMP). It is the coordinating body of about 80 human rights organisations and institutions as well as individuals from over 30 countries. EuroMed Rights’ organisational structure is built on a general assembly, an executive committee, working groups and a secretariat.
Rooted in civil society the Network seeks to develop and strengthen partnerships between NGOs in the EuroMed region, i.e. networking aimed at strengthening the capacity of members to act and interact within the context of the region and the Barcelona process and other EU-Arab cooperation frameworks.
The EuroMed Rights head office is situated in Copenhagen. The organisation also has offices in Brussels, Paris and Tunis. For further information, visit our website at www.euromedrights.org.
EuroMed Rights aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, color, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.